Friday 21 December 2012

Website going live in Jan!......(Sorry we never made it for the Xmas deadline).


Hello fantastic followers!! I'm feeling on top of the world atm & certainly have that spring in my step. Por qué? I hear you ask? Well there are quite a few really great things going on. After a somewhat bumpy journey at times this year- Padre ( father) has had lung cancer , & yes I am talking in the past tense as , and I kid you not  he got the all clear a few weeks ago after his radio treatment. I am so blown away by the treatment of the NHS with both Padre & Madre tbh, & we joke about them both going to Leighton Hospital Christmas Party! They have had such diamond treatment and let it be noted that thats one thing in the UK we should really be proud of. So the other stuff to be happy about? Well, I'm so glad the world hasn't ended just yet as the M&R website is only hours & days away from going live! (gosh just had an awful flashback to Philip Schofield & Sarah Greene then.....)  It’s weird for anyone who has ever started something of their own, had dreams, sleepless nights, aspirations, shed loads of ideas, frustration, inspiration........ to see all that start to turn into reality is quite surreal & the website being published & going live is all that to me. Its scary to think that we are opening the shop door & inviting you all in , & I am so nervous that it doesn't live up to expectations etc etc. That said we are a couple of normal chefs who like to eat & laugh a lot, that's why we're serving Mexican fayre really, I mean how can you have fun with a floppy pancake? lets not even go there with a hot dog! & at the end of the day, our little contribution to the world  is just Street Food right? not the fabulous stuff the doctors, nurses or surgeons do , or for that matter the work The Donkey Sanctuary does in finding a final resting place for those beautiful cuddlies. ( is that a word?) more on that in another blog or on the NEW WEBSITE ( whey hey) Soo pls keep tuning in , I will give the big trumpet fanfare to announce when we are officially live & also we have the beautiful , gorgeous sexy old bird -  H Van Rita to look forward to... 3rd week in Jan she'll be making her entrance ( she currently has the painters in....)  Anyway I just can't get Phil & Sarah out of my head & thought I would leave a little bit of history with you......... I remember watching this live with my brother one Saturday morning, I don't mind telling you we both spat our Rice Crispies out when we watched this GOING LIVE  out to the millions.........

 Thanks for tuning in & speak soon.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfKredivMU

 

1 comment:

  1. Exciting times and lots of fun to look forward, never lose sight of why you are doing this. Is you stop laughing it's not working! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete